Stand Up. . . Be InCtrl!
For the Teacher
Cyberbullying may seem commonplace but according to research the bullying rate is much lower than you may think. This video explores the reasons behind those misconceptions by explaining the various aspects of bullying, drama and conflict and offers advice on how to help students recognize cyberbullying and take charge in addressing it.
Featured in this video:
- Belinha De Abreu, Ph.D, Media Literacy Educator, Walsh Intermediate School, Branford, CT
- Amanda Lenhart, Senior Researcher, Pew Research Center
- Gary McDaniel, Clinical Social Worker employed by Morgan County (WV) Schools
For the Student
Learning objectives in these standards-based activities:
- Understand the difference between bystanders and upstanders
- Demonstrate an ability to participate respectfully and responsibly in an online community
- Create and contribute to an original collaborative project using digital media to inspire a positive call to action